The Center's goal is to formalize approaches and methods to navigate the gap between R&D and market penetration. Efforts define and refine corporate value and branding propositions, elicit unmet marketplace needs, strategize product and technology planning, develop and refine the early product development process to deliver on a value proposition, and create tools to fulfill marketplace needs. The result is a scientific and practical understanding and implementation of pragmatic innovation strategies.
The Center engages and provides a forum for faculty, PhD students, and
corporate partners to make important contributions to refining the process
CPSI develops quantitative and qualitative methods to:
- Understand market preferences;
- Develop value-based product specification;
- Synergistically translate technology capabilities to product opportunities;
- Strategize future product portfolios;
- Strategize brand positioning;
- Develop new products based on technical capabilities.
- Enable more effective product development through computational generation, simulation and generation
- Understand fundamental cognitive processes for problem solving, analogy and group thinking
- Develop models of firm and industry trends that affect strategies for manufacturing, off shoring and methods for R&D execution.
- Create, understand and optimize social networks and collaborative processes in design.